Hello! Nice to meet you 👋
I'm Kunal, a curious designer who loves to solve complex challenges and build great products.
Every designer I know has an amazing story. Mine has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride & here’s is a glimpse of it!
How I discovered my passion...
What I value...
I have created stuff throughout my life, whether a course management app during my undergrad or an AI helper bot that shipped to millions across the globe.
I regularly assess if I’m having fun, making an impact and learning at work.
Off lately, I m at Smartsheet, designing the future of workplace collaboration.
There are 5 areas that I focus on at work:
- Powerful story-telling: Whether through compelling presentations or interactive prototypes, I focus on telling captivating narratives that focus on the why, the what, and the how. I try to express my ideas to drive stakeholder alignment, inspire forward-looking ideas, and make a meaningful impact.
- Driving innovation through design: Emerging technology inspires me. Generative AI, Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, I’m always listening to tech news, thinking about how to make these technologies accessible for future generations in a way that’s safe and healthy.
- Business problems that matter: Everyone has finite time on this planet. In the limited time I have on this planet, I want to focus on solving problems that are consequential in building the second half of the 21st century.
- Inclusive design process: I believe design is a team sport. I encourage feedback from cross-functional partners throughout my design cycles. Whether through sharing early concepts with the engineering, doing regular async shareouts with the leadership, or partnering with UX research to test the concepts. I believe, stronger the collaboration the better the designs.
- Being strategic in my approach: Designers have a superpower. They can visualize ideas. I believe in aiming for the ideal but having my feet grounded in reality. Thus, I take a strategic approach towards design. Figuring out not just the North Star experience but also the intermediate phases that will help us get there.
Over the years, I have learnt to leverage the creative powers within cross-disciplinary teams.
Where I'm on the weekends...
I love to spend weekends outside, traveling, hiking, running, exercising. If not outside, you could find me in cafes reading biographies, sketching, listening to design podcasts, Indian classical music or catching all things technology.
Want to grab a coffee? ☕️
I always love meeting and connecting with new people. If you want to grab a coffee or chat, feel free to hit me up on LinkedIn! Hope to speak with you soon.🙂